One of the most important things you can do for your husband as a wife is to pray for him. A wife is a husband’s helper. But what do you do if you are physically incapable of helping your husband? You get down on your knees and pray for him
Marriage carries a lot of responsibilities. However, if you always pray for your husband to God, you are bringing your marriage to him, and he will take care of everything that marriage includes.
How long has it been since you prayed for your husband? I’m not talking about a generic prayer in which you mention your husband, friends, and family and ask God to look after them.
I’m referring to going before God, with your husband as the focus of your prayer and dedicating it to him. In our hectic lives, it might be difficult to make time to pray for our spouses.
However, if you make this a priority and follow through, you will discover that it is well worth the effort.
Prayers for your husband with scripture
The scripture is the word of God, it is inspired by God and it is meant to teach, rebuke, correct and train us in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16). This means that praying the scripture over your husband is one of the best ways to pray for him.
If you want to pray for your husband but don’t know what to say or where to begin, here are some bible scriptures to consider.
For his relationship with God
Your husband is the head of the family. This means that he is the one who leads the family in everything. So it is important that your husband has a close relationship with God.
If he is closer to God, God will direct his path and so when he leads your family, you know that he is leading in the Lord.
- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
- So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, Ephesians 3:17
- Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Prayer for his relationship with God
Dear God, I come to you in prayer for my husband. Please open his heart to Christ so that You can dwell in him and he can trust and understand that You have a plan for his life and that You know what is best for him. Draw him closer to you. Teach him to pray consistently and fill his heart with joy, gratitude, and love, all the days of his life. Amen
For protection and strength
You also have to pray for the strength of the Lord to be upon your husband. Ask God to protect him always, so that no evil will come close to him.
- The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 118:6
- The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. Psalm 28:7
Prayer for strength and protection
Father in Heaven, Thank you for the husband you have given to me. Please be with him always. With you by his side, there’s nothing that he can’t conquer. Please give him courage when he is frightened and strength when he is weak. Protect him and keep him safe from the evil that lurks around him. Take away any form of anxiety or heaviness in his heart and fill his heart with joy and hope. Amen
For inner peace
Men generally worry a lot more than women. Sometimes, his responsibilities as a man, a husband, and a father can weigh on him and make him worry about the present and the future. So pray that God takes his worries and give him inner peace. and comfort.
- Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification Romans 14:19
- When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. Psalm 94:19
- Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
Prayer for inner peace
Almighty God, my husband is troubled and it is beginning to affect his everyday life. Please help him let go of his troubles and cast them on You. Remind him that you are with him and you care for him. Teach him to trust in you always. Calm any form of anxiety in him. Provide him with inner peace and solace. Don’t let whatever he’s going through get the best of him. Order his steps and teach him to do things that will bring him peace always, Amen
One reality about life is that our thoughts make us who we are. If you constantly think about something, you will find yourself acting like that. So it is important that you think good thoughts all the time so that you don’t end up doing things you are not supposed to do.
When you pray for your husband, pray that his thoughts are good and pure. Pray that he doesn’t do anything that will lead him on the wrong path. Pray that he sets his mind on the word of God and pleasing God so that he might not be tempted.
- Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2
- On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation. Luke 22:40
- And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. Matthew 6:13
Prayer against temptation
Precious Lord, thank you for the life of my husband and all that you do for him. Thank you for guiding and protecting him always. Lord, You know his heart and his desires. Guide him in putting You first and forgetting about the things of this world. Give him the ability to resist temptation. Help him set his thoughts on You. Let him desire you more and only want to live a life that pleases you. Order his steps, and lead him not into temptation. Thank you for answering my prayers, through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen
For his work
It is also very important to pray for his work. It is through his work that he is able to provide for the family. So dedicate his work to God.
- Do you see someone skilled in their work? They will serve before kings; they will not serve before officials of low rank. Proverbs 22:29
- May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us, yes, establish the work of our hands. Psalm 90:17
Prayer for his work
My God, thank you for my family and for always providing for us. Thank you for giving my husband a job to do. Please bless his hands and help him accomplish everything he sets his mind on. Bless his work and help him to excel at it. Provide him with new opportunities and teach him how to make good use of such opportunities. May your favor be upon him so that he can be promoted. Establish the fruits of his labors, in Jesus’ name, Amen.
As the head of the family, the husband will be making a lot of decisions for the home. Aside from that, he will also make decisions in his work and his life as a whole. So pray for divine wisdom, so that whatever decision your husband will make will be in accordance with the will of the Lord.
- The one who gets wisdom loves life; the one who cherishes understanding will soon prosper. Proverbs 19:8
- For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. Proverbs 2:6
- Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12
Prayer for wisdom
Everlasting Father, I bring my husband before You, asking that You open his eyes to see the truth and give him understanding for what he doesn’t comprehend. Bless him with knowledge and godly wisdom so that he does not rely on his own ideas and opinions. Help him to trust in you in all his dealings. Help him to hear your voice when you speak to him. Help him set his mind and heart on you so that he will always come before you before taking any decision in his life, Amen.
For his role as a husband and a father
Pray for God’s guidance for him in his role as a father and a husband. Your husband’s mood and actions can affect the whole household. So pray that he does everything in love for you his wife and his children.
- Do everything in love. 1 Corinthians 16:14
- In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. Ephesians 5:28
- Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4
Prayer for his role as a husband and a father
Heavenly Father, thank you for this beautiful family you have given to me. Thank you for the life of my husband and our children. Teach my husband to love and respect me as his wife. Help him in remaining dedicated to this marriage and his role as a father. Assist him in becoming a good role model for our children. Help him to raise the children with good morals that will please you. Touch his heart, help him to control his temper. Fill his heart with love for his children and me. Help us all live together in unity and happiness, Amen.
I love these!!!